I am primarily concerned with giving physical form to those hidden parts of people; misconceptions, inadequate metaphors, and lies are carefully considered with the same sincerity as the truth. Without the rigidity of Fact, or the concern for Truth, my work stays fluid in both process and concept. Organic evolution is central: insecurities and coping mechanisms- broken down into basic pieces, embellished with misinterpretation and metaphor, then finally recombined- result in a rich visual vocabulary that intertwines in unpredictable ways.

Similarly unpredictable is the diverse range of interpretation. The elemental archetypes employed behave as rough guidelines for critical analysis of others, and therefore, reconsideration of self.

I tend to approach art as an invasion of space, either the viewer invading the space of the work, or vice versa, because it forces engagement on a more personal level. Playing off of the contradictory forces of fascination and revulsion, I am able to be simulataneously fun-loving and dreadfully serious in my explorations.

eric ehrnschwender, 2013

I've compiled the above projects because they illustrate pieces of what I am planning to do next. Please browse.